Crstl, the SaaS application and platform transforming no-code Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) for modern brands, manufacturers, and wholesalers, is announcing its national launch with $4.4M in seed funding. The round was led by Mastry Ventures, with support from Village Global, Alumni Ventures, SuperAngel VC, On Deck, Mensch Capital Partners, Harizury, and founders and execs at Uber, Faire, Instagram, Stedi, ShipBob, OpenStore, Cogsy, Motive, and more.
Crstl enables businesses to transact with the largest retailers and distributors, by providing a full suite of EDI workflow automations. Crstl has transformed these highly complex, mission-critical use cases into a SaaS application and platform that is user friendly and accessible to businesses. Unlike legacy systems, Crstl’s product is purpose-built for overburdened operations teams and their stakeholders. In only a few short months, Crstl has already enabled millions of dollars of B2B commerce between brands and Walmart, Target, Whole Foods, CVS, and many others.
“With our product offering, we are eliminating the hassles and complications brands inevitably face when transacting with retailers and online marketplaces as they diversify away from DTC,” said Dipti Desai, founder and CEO of Crstl.
Crstl’s cutting-edge platform includes:
- No-coding required: Businesses leave the engineering to Crstl.
- AI-driven, growing network of trading partners and integrations: Crstl is leveraging state-of-the-art AI to rapidly build out seamless connectivity across retailers, distributors, and systems such as ERPs and WMS.
- Best-in-class trading partner setup and onboarding: Crstl’s investment in the onboarding experience provides unprecedented transparency and enables brands to start transacting with their trading partners swiftly and seamlessly.
- Comprehensive EDI trading partner compliance: Crstl provides out-of-the-box compliance, testing and certification, including generating compliant shipping labels and packing slips.
- Transparent and predictable pricing: Crstl has innovated in the industry by offering clear subscription pricing tiers, including its risk-free, hassle-free FREEDI™ plan.
“Moving our largest customers from our legacy solution provider to Crstl has been seamless as our business continues to rapidly grow, and has allowed us to reduce our costs and have easy access to our own data to better serve our customers,” said Josh Posner, CEO, EM Brands and an early user of Crstl.
“There is palpable pain felt by thousands of U.S. brands expanding into retail. Diversification from direct-to-consumer to retail and marketplaces is not a nice to have, but a necessity today. And even when these brands win business with Target or Walmart or Whole Foods, they are stuck dealing with legacy solutions that create delays and big holes in their plans, and thus P&L. Crstl is the painkiller these brands have been looking for: a faster, better, affordable EDI solution. What Stripe became for the financial services ecosystem, we expect Crstl to become for the commerce ecosystem,” according to Fatima Husain of Mastry Ventures.
Crstl is transforming no-code EDI workflow automation for modern brands, manufacturers, and wholesalers with its cutting-edge SaaS application and platform. Unlike traditional legacy solutions that may not meet the evolving needs of modern businesses, or complex API-only solutions that require technical expertise, Crstl offers an accessible solution for all teams. Crstl enables brands to optimize revenue and streamline workflows, freeing up working capital for growth and innovation. https://www.crstl.so/